May 1, 2018
Packing tips before you arrive at the storage unit
Getting ready for summer vacation and projects just got a whole lot easier! Start your spring cleaning with Savannah GA self storage from Storage Depot of Savannah. Our indoor storage is ideal when the weather heats up. Get ready for the next picnic and outdoor gathering with a little extra space.
While you look forward to summer activities, spring cleaning can make the start of warmer weather that much more enjoyable. Get boxes ready, your mops soaking, and your storage unit packed with the following spring cleaning and packing tips.
Storage Packing Tips for the Spring:
- Gather all your clothes, books, decorations, etc. then separate for donation or keep.
- Make a map, mark boxes on all sides or color code tape. Either way you do it, staying organized is your main goal.
- Break down the bed frame and any other furniture that can be smaller. Conserve space and store your couch on it’s side for optimum storage.
- Keep the heavy items to small boxes so you can lift them on to the truck. A box that is to heavy can hurt your help and make the cardboard a little more unstable.
- Clean and dry refrigerators and freezers prior to arriving. This is best done at least 24 hours prior to storing.
- Maybe hiring a moving company is the way to go. Talk with our store manager for convenient local movers.
- Fill in gaps within boxes with clothes or towels.
So you can enjoy the spring weather get your space in order after a long winter. Self storage is the answer to your seasonal needs and the team at Storage Depot of Savannah is ready to help! Start packing your gear for storage to make the swap easier. Talk with us for more storage packing tips!